AliExpress.com is a Chinese, global retail marketplace targeted at consumers worldwide, offering products at factory prices in small quantity. Your order amount can be as low as 1 item and you can pay safely using Buyer Protection service. Aliexpress uses AliPay which holds all payments until you confirm satisfaction of your order. AliExpress.com it’s owned by Alibaba.com, which is one of the leading platforms for global wholesale trade serving million of buyers and suppliers around the world. Most of the members on Alibaba.com are manufacturers or trading companies or resellers who trade in large order quantities.
Is AliExpress.com cheaper than Amazon, eBay or Wish?
YES it is! Many products sold on Amazon, Ebay or Wish are actually from AliExpress.com and Alibaba.com. Stores on these selling sites very often sell goods directly via drop shipping. If you want the best bargains, start shopping at AliExpress.com – These days it is safer and cheaper place to shop, but don’t let your guard down, still be aware of fraudsters as they look for victims everywhere. Just be careful but don’t listen to all these “fake” stories about the site being total fraud as this isn’t true! – We have more than half thousand purchases completed among all of us on here with very little problems. Yes, we bought few horrible quality items on AliExpress.com, especially in the beginning, but once you are aware of what to look for you will end up being a satisfied buyer.
BE AWARE OF:
- If the price is too good to be true, it almost ALWAYS IS
- Do not pay directly to seller’s bank account, and when this is requested – report it to Aliexpress Support Team.
- Only use AliPay when paying for your orders. Do not make payments out of Aliexpresss as these won’t be covered by Buyers Protection
- Do not confirm receipt of your order until you are full satisfied with it. But if you do, remember you still have 14 days, after you confirmed, to open dispute if anything goes wrong.
BUYERS PROTECTION ON ALIEXPRESS:
How does Buyer Protection work?
Honestly buying from AliExpress.com is as safe and as unsafe, as buying from other website. AliExpress works exactly like PayPal and eBay, when paying by AliPay or card the company protects your purchase just incase something goes wrong. Once the purchase its made on AliExpress, they will inform the seller directly to proceed with despatching and sending your order. AliExpress will put a hold on the money until you receive the product and you are full satisfied with your purchase. The money will be released to the seller in two cases:
- 14 days after you confirmed receipt of your order
- After the buyer protection runs out, if you didn’t confirmed receipt earlier
What to do if the buyer protection is running out and you still didn’t received your order? Extend the buyer protection to Aliexpress
WHAT TO DO?
- Ask the seller to extend the protection – giving the parcel more time to arrive. 99% of parcel arrives in time but in very busy periods there may be some delays, and we have to consider these too. Communication with seller and monitoring of the tracking are the most important things 🙂
- Open dispute – giving the seller a chance to explain and provide evidence that the parcel is on its way. Some seller may ignore your messages or just extend the protection without replying so if you worried or not getting the response you want by opening dispute you will “force” them to respond as if they don’t the case will be ruled to your favour after 4 days of opening.
PAYING FOR YOUR ORDERS ON ALIEXPRESS:
Below you will find payment methods which are accepted/not accepted on Aliexpress
- ESCROW/ALIPAY – ( Very safe to buyer) The use of an Escrow-based AliPay system to manage payments between sellers and customers definitely help deal with problems that accrue with the order not being as described or non arrival. Payment system, which is very similar to PayPal, which means when you make a payment the money its retained by third party and only released to seller once you confirm you are satisfied with your purchase. The only thing you need to do is OPEN ALIPAY ACCOUNT HERE to be extra protected.
- CARD – ( Very safe to buyer) Paying by card its very similar to AliPay but in this case your card will be associated with the purchase (unlike AliPay will give your ID number rather than card details) When paying by card, AliExpress with also act as intermediary and hold your payment until you confirm that all is ok with your order.
- BANK TRANSFER – ( Risk to buyer) Before you make a bank transfer ensure that you trust the seller and you are satisfied that the goods you will receive will be as promised as they money will go directly to sellers bank account. This means that if something went wrong you will need to solve the issue directly with the seller and AliExpress would not be able to assist as your payment is not protected.
- PAYPAL – Not accepted
- CHEQUES – Not accepted
For more informations about payment methods please visit the AliExpress help page by clinking on the link —–> AliExpress Payment Method Help Page
DISPUTES & CLAIMS:
In rare occasions you may not be satisfied with your order, therefore its good to know that your money is already protected and you can dispute if something goes wrong.
- Contact the Seller – If your order hasn’t arrived within the promised time, or isn’t as described. Most sellers are happy to quickly resolve any issues.
- Open Dispute to Make a Refund – If you were unable to resolve the problem with the seller, you can submit a refund request by opening dispute requesting a refund, replacement or re-send. Here, you can formally discuss solutions with the seller as AliExpress support team will be able to see all communication if the case is escalated, when your are not able to get good solution from the seller. Make sure you support your claim with evidence like: non working tracking number, tracking info showing that your parcel still didn’t arrive, photos/videos showing defects, non working goods and anything that will help you proof your right to refund/replacement/re-send. In first stage if the dispute AliExpress will not get involved. It will be up to you to reach an agreement with the seller. 90% disputes get resolved at this stage as most sellers would not want put their reputation at stake or have their seller status downgraded so they will prefer to work things out with you.
- Escalate Dispute to AliExpress – If you are not satisfied with the seller’s solutions, you can Escalate Dispute to Aliexpress Support Team, who will check all the evidence provided by you and the seller, and make their decision based on it. In some cases they will ask you to submit more evidence or answer they requests, therefore is good to monitor your dispute process. Aliexpress support team will mediate between you and the seller to resolve the problem.
- Leave feedback – Exactly the same as on eBay or Amazon but here you can also include pictures of the item you received to assist other buyers. Also, its good to add as many details as possible, especially about sizing as everyone knows thats the most challenging part when ordering from AliExpress 🙂
AliExpress and Alibaba are NOT a scams, but there are unethical sellers. So be careful and do some research before buying anything. Always consider testing the products by making a small order before investing any significant amount of money in huge orders. Check the seller feedback and the particular items feedback too. Also, join our Facebook groups where many members share real pictures and reviews of their purchases: Everything AliExpress Facebook Groups
All in all we consider AliExpress as a great online shopping place with a huge verity of products at very competitive prices. Of course, like in any online store, you must be cautions and take precautions when making purchases. But we hope that by following this guide and few simple steps you will minimise the risk to almost zero.
Thank you for taking the time to read our blog and happy shopping everyone!
Don’t forget to pop back soon 🙂 Thank you!!!
For a List of Stores which agreed to provide Discount for our readers please visit our previous post HERE ENJOY!!!
If you looking for Branded Products and can’t find them why don’t try our Brand Finder from previous posts HERE
Please join our Facebook Groups: HERE
LIKE our Fan Page Everything Aliexpress – EverythingAliex Blog for a product reviews and shopping ideas.